At least one parent/guardian registration is required.
New accounts will be sent an email confirmation message with instructions
to setup a password.
At least one parent/guardian email address must be provided.
Check the boxes to indicate which parent/guardians should receive team-wide emails.
Enter the information for each
being registered below.
At least one
registration is required.
District Of Columbia
Zip/Postal Code *
By registering my child(ren) with the Bridgeland Barracudas Swim Team, I agree and give my full consent to participate (or allow my child(ren) and family members to participate) in the Bridgeland Barracuas Swim Team, and hereby release and hold harmless the Bridgeland Barracudas Swim Team, its directors, officers, agents, coaches, and employees, and representatives from liability for any injury that might occur to myself (or to my child(ren) and family members) while participating in the Bridgeland Barracudas Swim Team program, including travel to and from training sessions, swim meets or other scheduled team activities, whether the result of negligence or any other cause.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the above mentioned organizations and/or individuals, their agents and/or employees, against any and all liability for personal injury, including injuries resulting in death to me, my child(ren) and/or other family members, or damage to my property, the property to my child(ren) and/or other family members, or both, while I (or my child(ren) or family members) participating in the Bridgeland Barracudas Swim Team program.
The Bridgeland Barracudas Swim Team (BBST) would like to
capture the excitement and fun of the swim season with photographs and/or video
footage of our swimmers in action. From
time to time, photos will be taken of swimmers during meets, divisional meets,
invitational meets, social events, and fundraising activities. The BBST reserves the right to use these
photos for news releases, team website, banquet presentations, marketing
I grant permission for the Bridgeland Barracudas
Swim Team (BBST) to use my child(ren)'s photo.
I understand there will be no compensation provided to me or my
child(ren). I further release and
indemnify the BBST, its board, employees, staff, volunteers and agents from any
and all liability and responsibility for any claim or cause of action that may
arise as a result of the use of my child(ren)'s photo
NORTHWEST AQUATIC LEAGUE
PARENT/COACH CODE OF CONDUCT
Children’s sports are supposed to be fun-for the children. Unfortunately, many parent, fans and coaches don’t realize that their actions, whether verbal or nonverbal, can have a lasting emotional effect on children. Too many children are leaving sports activities because the fun is unfairly taken away by adults. This following Code of Conduct is for parents and spectators to abide by at every practice and meet.
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, and caring and good citizenship. The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character.”
I therefore agree:
1. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the sport is for youth, not adults.
2. I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
3. I will learn the rules of the sport and the policies of the league.
4. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all swimmers, coaches, officials and spectators at every meet, practice, or other sporting event.
5. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsman-like conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
6. I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the athletes.
7. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
8. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
9. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a race or his/her performance.
10. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
11. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
12. I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning. I will also de-emphasize meets and competition in the lower age groups.
13. I will promote the emotional and physical well being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
14. I will respect the officials and their authority during meets and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches or officials at the meets, and will take time to speak with them at an agreed upon time and place.
15. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
16. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during meets and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
• Verbal warning by official, head coach and/or head of league organization
• Written warning
• Parental meet suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by organizations involved.
• Meet forfeit through the official or coach
• Parental season suspension.
The basis for this code of conduct is produced by the National Youth Sports Safety Foundation
Acceptance of my entry and participation in the events of
the BRIDGELAND BARRACUDAS is without responsibility of any kind by the
Northwest Aquatic League (NWAL) or the BRIDGELAND BARRACUDAS or the BRIDGELAND
COUNCIL or the LAKELAND VILLAGE CAI Homeowners Association, all of the residents,
or any other entity sponsoring a related event. I do hereby for and on behalf
of myself, and my heirs and legal representatives RELEASE and forever discharge
the NWAL, its officers, directors, representatives, coaches and volunteers, the
BRIDGELAND COUNCIL, LAKELAND VILLAGE Homeowners Association, and all of the
residents from any and all claims, demands, and injuries, howsoever arising,
whether caused by the negligent or intentional acts of the NWAL or any of its
swim clubs and their representatives, representatives of other sponsoring
clubs, or by third parties, which injuries may be in any way related to my
activities as a member of the BRIDGELAND BARRACUDAS and any prior traveling to
or from the events described, and all such claims are hereby WAIVED and
RELEASED, and I agree not to sue therefore. The parent and guardian, by signing
below, does hereby agree to INDEMNIFY and hold harmless the NWAL and its
officers, directors, coaches, representatives, volunteers, the sponsoring swim
club, BRIDGELAND COUNCIL and the LAKELAND VILLAGE CAI Homeowners Association,
and all of their residents from any liability which may incur to the
participant, however arising and whether caused by the negligent or intentional
acts of NWAL, its officers, directors, coaches, representatives, volunteers,
the BRIDGELAND BARRACUDAS, BRIDGELAND COUNCIL or the LAKELAND VILLAGE CAI
Homeowners Association, and all of the residents.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING RELEASE AND
Bridgeland Barracudas Swim Team requires parent
volunteers. To ensure that our children
have a fun and safe time, each family is required to volunteer. I understand that there are various jobs and
opportunities to help. I will sign up to
volunteer and work my necessary shifts or I will forfeit and be charged a $350 volunteer
fee on the credit card used to register my swimmer(s) or if paid by check will be deposited and cashed.
Team suit Thick or Thins strap for girls: $51
Team suit Jammer: $37
Team suit Brief: $30
Suits will all be sold by D&J Sports and will be available to try on and order at onsite registration 3/23/19 from 8:30-12:30. D&J only takes cash or credit card. Suits can also be ordered at D&J Sports at their Tomball or Katy locations prior to 4/15/19 in order to have them by picture day.
Swimmers are not required to have the team suit in order to be on the team, but a suit of similar team color is required.